Whether you’re looking for a fun weekend out of town or visiting the area for an extended period of time, you’ll find that the province of Pampanga has much to offer in terms of sights, sounds, tastes, and experiences. It is now much more accessible, thanks to the expressways that run through it. In fact, commuting from Metro Manila to San Fernando can be done in as quick as an hour and a half!
Feel free to bring your whole family to Pampanga and give them a truly unique and memorable experience. Whether you’re into learning more about history, participating in exciting activities and challenges, or simply having fun, there will definitely be no shortage of places for you to visit.
Check out some of the most highly recommended spots to hit when you’re in Pampanga.
Nayong Pilipino, Clark Freeport Zone
It’s never a bad idea to take the time to learn more about our culture and history, and few places in Pampanga offer an experience comparable to the one you’ll get when you visit Clark Freeport Zone’s Nayong Pilipino. While the Nayong Pilipino in Pasay is no longer operational, this one more than makes up for it. This theme park gives us a colorful glimpse of what life was like in the Philippines over the centuries and decades, and gives young learners a chance to learn more about the historical and cultural sites of the country by showing them actual artifacts from eras long gone.
San Guillermo Parish Church
In the town of Bacolor, you’ll find the San Guillermo Parish Church. It was established in 1576 by Augustinian friars, and is perhaps best known for the extensive damage it sustained from the lahar pouring from Mt. Pinatubo during its eruption in June 1991. Half of the church was buried as a result; what’s left of it stands tall to this very day, both as a tourist attraction and as a reminder of nature’s awesome power.
El Kabayo Horseback Riding
Way before cars and trains, man had horses. Experience the thrill of riding on one of these majestic creatures at El Kabayo in Pampanga. You and your family better have your cowboy hats with you, because you’ll feel like you’re in the wild, wild West the moment you step into the vicinity of this magnificent ranch. They even offer horseback riding lessons for the uninitiated. If horseback riding isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry! You can just sit and chill in one of their designated picnic and barbecue areas.
Now, if you really want to have a good time, there’s no better (and more versatile) place to do it than at the SandBox.
Located in the vast expanse of the Alviera property in Porac, the SandBox is an all-in-one entertainment adventure facility that offers something for the whole family. With a number of attractions guaranteed to get your hearts racing and subject you to fun and challenging physical activities, a weekend spent at the SandBox is certainly a weekend well spent.
- The Adventure Tower is the place to be for climbing enthusiasts and tourists alike. This 15-meter, 5-storey structure offers extreme activities like rappelling, wall climbing, and jump-off free fall, while providing the most spectacular view of Alviera. This is also where Avatar One, the Philippine’s first roller coaster zipline, is located. It’s even more exciting than your typical zipline, because this 180-meter-long, 12-meter-high course won’t just send you down in a straight line — it zigs and zags!
- The Giant Swing is, unsurprisingly, the Philippines’ largest swing. It’s about three storeys high above ground, able to accommodate up to three guests at a time, and designed to rock back and forth at an impressive height of 10 meters above the ground.
- The Aerial Walk Challenge is comprised of a series of rope walkways and nets — an obstacle course designed to test your physical limits and make you face your fear of heights. It’s designed to be completed in 30 minutes, but don’t be embarrassed to take longer!
- Outdoor Archery is the perfect activity for sharpshooters, as well as for people who want to develop better hand-eye coordination. You pick up a bow and arrow, and you start shooting like your favorite fictional archers.
- ATV and UTV rides are also available for people interested in taking a seated tour.
The newest activity area in the SandBox is the watery, fun-filled Splash Tub! A long-hyped attraction that just opened its gates in June 2018, this 1,200-square-meter water obstacle course was designed for families, teams, couples… heck, you can even go there on your own to just have fun and get soaked! The Splash Tub is packed with 11 obstacles, with a Challenger course for adults, a slightly easier course for children, and a ton of inflatables all around. It is highly advised that you visit the SandBox early in the morning (ideally on a weekday) to take full advantage of the SandBox’s facilities.
You can also go City Kart Racing at SandBox with your family. This is one of Porac, Pampanga’s newest and most popular attractions, and it’s perfect for family members of all ages. Compete against each other and zoom around your loved ones in your own kart, or work together for a truly memorable experience that both the young racing enthusiasts and the young-at-heart will definitely enjoy. City Kart Racing is open from Wednesdays to Sundays, from 2 PM to 6 PM.
What are you waiting for? Start planning your epic Pampanga experience today. Contact us at Alviera if you want to learn more about the SandBox.